Sunday, March 17, 2013

Love of the Hunt

Growing up i was always apart of the journey to grandpas cabin for the annual hunt i don't remember much from my younger days but i remember the feelings of being with loved ones out in the woods enjoying the cool crisp mornings and the deep sunsets in the evening. some people think hunting is wrong but its not just going out and killing animals its much more then that its all about the memories you create with your friends and family, and when you actually kill the animal that's apart of American history. we also don't waste the meat me and my family eat it. when you hunt you always must treat the animal with respect. when i was twelve i shot my first deer and i remember the shot like it was yesterday since then i have been lucky enough to have many more successful hunts not all mine it is awesome to see your friends and family be successful and see the excitement and adrenaline that you have felt. people that are against it usually have never been apart of it. it is one of the most amazing and fun things i get to do every year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not against it, I'm just scared.

    But I see where you're coming from. I've always been jealous of my step-dad and how he goes with his brother and nephews and they wake up early and how manly they all are. All the while I'm sitting home and writing poetry and reading books about love and drinking hot cocoa. I'm not a man.

    ReplyDelete